Parade magazine 1938 dating tips
Having failed to make powerful insecticides from fluoride, he decided to mix phosphorus with cyanide.
As well as killing all insects, tests on animals proved astonishing. Yet Schrader thought he had failed in his quest because the substance could not be used in agriculture – and help feed Hitler’s armies – because it was so toxic. A keen military historian, he knew Germany had started what became known as the ‘chemists’ war’ on April 22, 1915, when chlorine gas was fired at French soldiers in the trenches.
Könnt Ihr Euch vorstellen, dass man den Damen seinerzeit nahelegte, nicht zu sentimental zu werden, Männer würden Tränen hassen?!
Dort stand geschrieben, wie die Dame zu sitzen hat, wie sie ihr Date zu begrüßen hat, worüber sie auf keinen Fall sprechen darf und dass sie auch ja mit keinem Anderen spricht – just to please „Many of us must be familiar with the feeling when our parents tried giving us dating advice, and would make every single person in the room feel awkward.
Besides, how many of those did you actually ever find useful?
Well here’s a dating guide that might seem ridiculously outdated at first – given that the Parade Magazine published it back in 1938- but don’t be too quick to judge!
Maddison planned to use the money to buy an engagement ring.
But after he was placed in the sealed chamber with five drops of sarin dripped on to his arm, he immediately collapsed and fell over a table.
In one incident kept secret for half a century, it emerged that Britain experimented with sarin on a 20-year-old RAF engineer called Ronald Maddison (above) at Porton Down, the secret chemical weapons research centre in Wiltshire.
Back in the days, als die Welt noch in Ordnung war!
Bitte nicht zu ernst nehmen, sonst bin ich noch der Grund für nächste Sexismus-Debatte; aber das hier können wir Euch nicht vorenthalten: ein Dating Guide für Frauen von 1938 – das liegt gerade mal 75 Jahre zurück.
The body loses the ability to control its functions. The maximum life expectancy is ten minutes after exposure.
Those lucky enough to survive, due to receiving a much smaller exposure – such as from touching a contaminated person – often suffer permanent nerve and brain damage.